After a lot of deliberation and planning, hubby and I have decided that it would be in our family’s best interest to work through the month of August and then reevaluate on September 1st. Not only do I feel that it’s fair, but I am almost positive that with the thought of reevaluation, we will be able to continue to push out my final day of work until the doctor puts me on Maternity Leave. This is great because of a few things:

1) I can spend! We all know that when preparing for a baby you are looking for anything and everything that will spoil your little one. That means the cute bedding, the comfy recliner, the fun clothes, and all the little extras. With the extra funding I can go out and get the stuff I want.

2) We can take that little baby-moon that I have been hoping for. We can go to Tahoe, So. Cal, or even somewhere random for the weekend. I just want to be able to have one last relaxing weekend away before baby joins us.

3) I can plan for the other events that are going to be coming up in the future. We have my brother-in-law’s wedding to my dear friend in October, which we are actually in. We also will be attending my good friend’s wedding in early November (that’s if I don’t burst yet). I also have several friends that are having babies of their own before we do that I want to be able to “shower”.

     We definitely will be needing the funding, so we will just have to evaluate the situation on September 1st and go from there.

     Today I was able to go talk to OB/GYN about progress. She had nothing but good things to say, which is what every mother wants to hear. I am thrilled that he is progressing at the right size and that everything looks like it is functioning properly. I can’t wait to see him out of the tummy though. We got to hear the heart beat, and it was music to my ears. I also was able to discuss some things that were very important to me. The biggest thing was, how is that low lying placenta? No previa yet, right? Nope, no previa thank god! Will I have to deliver in WC or will I be able to deliver locally? There is no doubt that the “low lying placenta” can change over the next few weeks. The growth of the uterus comes movement of the placenta. We should be ok to deliver locally as long as things continue to go smoothly. Can I safely get a flu shot when it comes time? YES, it is highly recommended that all prego women get one, but there is a special flu shot for us carrying a little one. After I got some questions answers I was relieved. Then on to our next appointment… All pictures of the boy! See below the good stuff…

Beautiful profile!
Little man having no shame, showing the goods!

     I can’t wait to see his little face when he comes out, which will be another topic of conversation. I got all the labor and delivery paperwork and that will be a blog for the future. I haven’t even got to look it all over yet. OMG! It’s getting so close!


Talk to me...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s